Vice Presidents are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with Managing Directors, other deal team members and clients. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, outgoing, and possess strong skills in overall project management and leadership skills. Other key qualifications include the ability to perform complex financial analysis, must be respected as a team player, and possess proven business development skills with the ability to effectively sell complex advisory products. Candidates must have a strong knowledge of M&A and corporate finance, accounting and applied financial theory, keen analytical capabilities, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates should have a minimum of five years of post-MBA finance, accounting or valuation experience, or a minimum of eight years of relevant professional experience.
You will be involved in all phases of execution including:
- Managing day-to-day client relationship, and managing and overseeing other members of the deal team in all deal execution phases
- Organizing, reviewing, and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
- Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
- Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
- Compiling prospective acquirer lists and contacting acquirers
- Performing key steps in the sale execution process
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Assisting senior bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- 5-8 years of sell-side M&A advisory and investment banking experience
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
- Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid’s growth
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding, and fast paced environment
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ and online data room platforms
About Intrepid Investment Bankers
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage, rooted in our founders’ successful 35-year history, breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to win big for our clients. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V