Building Value Over the Life Cycle of Your Business
From startup to exit, a business undergoes constant transformation. Change requires strategy, capital and execution. Entrepreneurs turn to us for advice in value defining events throughout the life cycle of their companies – raising capital, making strategic acquisitions, realizing partial liquidity, and exiting their business.
Monetizing the value of your business can be accomplished in many ways and with differing degrees of dilution to your ownership.
- Debt recapitalization – you retain all your equity
- Minority equity sale
- Majority recapitalization – you retain a minority equity stake for a “second bite at the apple”
- Full sale
On its path to growth, your business will need capital to expand, recapitalize the balance sheet, fund liquidity needs, or buy out stakeholders.
We help you identify and secure the optimal capital solution that can include:
- Senior Debt
- Unitranche debt
- Mezzanine capital
- Structured capital with hybrid features
Acquisitions have become an essential component of a company’s strategic growth plan. When done right, they can create extraordinary value. Mistakes can be devastating. We use our industry and transactional expertise to help you execute a successful acquisition plan.
- Define acquisition criteria
- Identify suitable targets
- Contact, evaluate and present actionable opportunities
- Secure financing
- Assist in diligence and final negotiations
We have seen the playbook for value creation more than once, and advise clients on how their decisions throughout their business life cycle impact exit value. Our industry bankers closely watch emerging trends and enjoy a unique view of the attributes that industry players seek in their acquisition targets.
- Transaction support services such as fairness opinions and solvency opinions
- Value creation advice on how key decisions can impact value drivers and exit value
- Advice on transaction timing, process and options