Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated individuals the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
Our entrepreneurial culture provides you with the opportunity to make contributions to the overall growth of Intrepid. The ideal candidate should be motivated, creative, and possess strong skills in project management. We are looking for someone who displays an extraordinary level of professionalism, positive leadership, and commitment to embrace the firm’s values and culture. The VP will be an integral member of engagement teams, which can typically range in size and may comprise a combination of Managing Director, VP, Associate, and Analyst(s).
Key responsibilities will include:
• Perform all key functions in managing engagements and client relationships
• Provide direction and assignment of tasks to colleagues and communicate with clients throughout the transaction process
• Design and develop workflows, analysis and presentations, often involving complex quantitative analysis and detailed financial models at various granularity levels to drive operational and transactional insights
• Provide quality control of client deliverables and lead the presentation of deliverables
• Perform detailed analysis and synthesize actionable insights from data sets and unstructured information sources
• Effectively communicate with team members on engagement status updates
• Actively participate in developing client relationships and other business development functions
• Draft marketing materials, such as blogs, industry reports, and other relevant industry trend articles
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
• 5–8 years of sell-side/buy-side M&A advisory experience at an M&A focused, top-tier investment bank or recognized independent advisory firm
• Experience with private equity, M&A and transaction services, corporate finance
• Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast-paced environment
• Excellent written, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills
• Strong technical skills in PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ and online data room platforms
• Series 79 and 63 licenses are required
• Series 24 must be obtained within first year of hire
Primary activities will include: manage all aspects of the deal execution on the assigned deal teams, oversee the production of client deliverables, edit and draft the confidential information memorandum and client management presentation documents, oversee and develop, as needed, financial projections and deal analytics, manage daily client communication, and interface with prospective acquirers and institutional investors. The VP will be responsible for overseeing the support of all acquirer diligence and participate in negotiating key deal documents including NDAs, LOIs and definitive purchase agreements. The VP is also responsible for assisting the managing directors of the firm with business development and deal sourcing activities.
The typical base for this role is $170,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Depending on corporate title, role in the transaction, productivity, and type of incentive payout, participants can be eligible for compensation that includes a guaranteed salary against the variable incentive amount, that can range up to 25% per transaction, subject to final approval by the CEO of Intrepid. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to practice affirmative action to diversify our workforce by engaging in the targeted recruiting of under-represented groups and are firmly committed to equal employment opportunity and to fully complying with Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.