Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated professionals substantial career advancement and exceptional income potential. As a valued member of a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your investment banking career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world.
Managing Directors are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with junior bankers and clients. Managing Directors are involved in all phases of origination and execution including:
- Building relationships with referral sources and business owners
- Identifying, qualifying, and generating new prospect leads
- Managing client relationships and overseeing all client and counter-party communication
- Leading a specific practice area and developing thought leadership in target sectors
- Overseeing the creation of financial models and transaction collateral
- Overseeing all key steps in the execution process and leading all negotiations and strategy development
- Assisting other bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
- 10-plus years of experience in sell-side M&A advisory
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare industry M&A
- Fundamental understanding of the healthcare industry with some specific sector expertise
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
- Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid’s growth
- Ability to run and motivate transaction teams and lead “from the trenches”
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding, and fast paced environment
- Ability to engage with prospects and intermediaries, develop relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing other senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer, presentation drafting and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
- Proactive attitude accustomed to taking initiative and solving problems
The typical base pay range for this role is between $250,000 – $250,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and parental bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
|Job Category||Managing Director|