M&A activity in the Beauty Care sector continued its strong run into Q4’15 with 21 deals closed in the quarter and 85 deals for the full year, a 5% and 37% increase over the same periods in 2014,
respectively. While we continue to have our eye on the overall macro economic picture, all of the underlying fundamentals and our current backlog point to another positive year for Beauty Care
Q4’15 Beauty Care M&A highlights include:
- Intrepid continued its success in the sector announcing its advisory role in the investment by Encore Consumer Capital in LORAC Cosmetics.
- Intrepid closed seven beauty care deals in 2015, representing a record year for the Beauty Care practice and placing Intrepid as one of the most active advisors in the industry.
- Strategic buyers remained active with further acquisitions by Estée Lauder and Coty. Other strategic parties sold non-core brands, including divestitures from Unilever and High Ridge
- Private equity groups stayed active in beauty care with deals announced by Encore Consumer Capital, Tengram Capital, Alliance Consumer Growth and Cerberus.
- The sector continues to attract an increasing amount of growth and venture capital, with multiple announced capital raises in the quarter, most notably from Madison Reed, Glamsquad
and Walker & Co.
Happy New Year and let’s all hope for another blockbuster 2016!