Intrepid Investment Bankers provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. We are looking to add a highly talented individual to assist our strategic/business development group led by the Head of Strategic Relationships. This group leads our coverage efforts for various referral channels and originates investment banking opportunities in collaboration with our senior industry bankers.
Long-Term Career Trajectory
In this role you will help to assure that the division is running at its full potential for tracking new business and cross-selling opportunities. One of the key functions of the role is to have expert knowledge of Intrepid’s products as well as those of the many sectors/groups of Union/ MUFG to maximize the retention of deals and cross selling the in-house capabilities for meeting the client’s needs.
This position will have the opportunity to assume greater responsibilities and develop relationships both within the overall organization as well as with external corporate clients, investment bank referral partners, etc., ultimately becoming a key liaison and product specialist for Intrepid to further assist clients as well as internal Union Bank sectors for the retention of all deals.
The individual we are seeking will be responsible for working very closely with the Head of Strategic Relationships:
- Work closely with the Managing Directors to execute various marketing initiatives such as producing and organizing Webinars, newsletters, social media opportunities, and various networking events
- Be involved with idea generation and value-added communication with prospects and referral sources, as well as attend meetings and calls, prepare pipeline and other reports for regular coverage meetings and prospect calls
- Track and report investment banking prospects and opportunities using the firm’s CRM
- Perform follow-up calls and meetings with prospects, bank relationship managers, private wealth advisors, and Intrepid bankers
- Report and present the team’s activity and results to senior management
The qualifications of the candidate will include:
- Four-year college degree
- Two-year minimum work experience in business development capacity (preferably in financial services industry) with track record of supporting senior level financial executives and interfacing with business owners
- Process oriented, attention to details, disciplined, and experienced in using CRMs to report on lead development and prospecting activity, Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- An understanding of M&A, private equity, and investment banking
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Professional, positive communication style with mature demeanor and judgment
- Highly proactive, results oriented, competitive, can-do attitude
- Good listener, great team player
- Ability to engage with prospects and intermediaries, develop relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer, presentation drafting and formatting and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
- Proactive attitude accustomed to taking initiative and solving problems
About Intrepid Investment Bankers
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to help our clients win big. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V