Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated professionals substantial career advancement and exceptional income potential. As a valued member of a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your investment banking career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 6th largest financial group in the world.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office an average of two to three days per week with the remainder worked remotely.
- Organizing, reviewing, and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
- Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
- Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
- Compiling prospective acquirer lists and contacting acquirers
- Performing key steps in the sale execution process
- Supporting senior bankers in establishing relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Interacting with senior bankers to help build the firm (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
- Minimum of one year of sellside M&A advisory and investment banking experience
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
- Demonstrated critical thinking, process oriented, and strong attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
- Proactive, results oriented, can-do attitude, team player
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding, and fast-paced environment
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ, Pitchbook, Salesforce CRM and online data room platforms
Not FDIC Insured | No Bank Guarantee | May Lose Value
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.