Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated individuals the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.
Intrepid Investment Bankers is expanding nationally and seeking to hire talented and experienced professionals at the Vice President level in our Software & Services Group. Group in our Los Angeles or New York office locations only. Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated professionals substantial career advancement and exceptional income potential. As a valued member of a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on meaningful leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your investment banking career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
- Managing day-to-day client relationship, and managing and overseeing other members of the deal team in all deal execution phases
- Organizing, reviewing, and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
- Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
- Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
- Compiling prospective acquirer lists and contacting acquirers
- Performing key steps in the sale execution process
- Supporting senior bankers in establishing relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Interacting with senior bankers to help build the firm (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
- 5-8 years of sell-side M&A advisory and investment banking experience
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
- Demonstrated critical thinking, process oriented, and strong attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
- Proactive, results oriented, can-do attitude, team player
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding, and fast-paced environment
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ, Pitchbook, Salesforce CRM and online data room platforms
The typical base for this role is $ 170,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Depending on corporate title, role in the transaction, productivity, and type of incentive payout, participants can be eligible for compensation that includes a guaranteed salary against the variable incentive amount, that can range up to 25% per transaction, subject to final approval by the CEO of Intrepid. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.