Intrepid Investment Bankers provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. We are looking to add a highly-talented individual to our business development team to assist our senior bankers who lead our coverage efforts for various referral channels.
The individual we are seeking will be responsible for: (i) tracking and reporting investment banking prospects and opportunities in the firm’s CRM; (ii) scheduling follow up calls and meetings with prospects, private equity sponsors, bank relationship managers and the firm’s bankers; (iii) attending meetings and calls and preparing pipeline and other reports for regular coverage meetings and prospect calls; (iv) reconciling and preparing monthly referral reports and charts; (v) drafting and producing various presentations; (vi) supporting the lead Managing Directors with idea generation and value-added communication with prospects and referral sources, and (vii) working closely with the Managing Directors to execute various marketing initiatives such as producing and organizing webinars, newsletters, social media opportunities and various networking events. This individual will have the opportunity to advance by assuming greater responsibilities in this role.
The qualifications of the candidate will include:
- Four year college degree
- Two year minimum work experience in business development capacity (preferably in financial services industry) with track record of supporting senior level financial executives and interfacing with business owners
- Process oriented, attention to details, disciplined, and experienced in using CRMs to report on lead development and prospecting activity, Salesforce CRM experience preferred
- An understanding of M&A, private equity and investment banking
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive communication style with mature demeanor and judgment
- Highly proactive, results oriented, competitive, can-do attitude
- Good listener, great team player
- Ability to engage with prospects and intermediaries, develop relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer, presentation drafting and formatting and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
- Proactive attitude accustomed to taking initiative and solving problems
The position will report directly to the Head of Strategic Relationships and has significant career upside potential. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Intrepid provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs and middle-market companies in various industry sectors. Our heritage, rooted in our founders’ successful 35-year history, breeds a culture that embraces teamwork, tenacity and creativity to win big for our clients. We believe that every company has an entrepreneurial passion that drives it and a story that defines it. Our team delivers results through skillful positioning and relentless execution. Based in Los Angeles, Intrepid augments its international capabilities through its active participation in Oaklins, an exclusive global alliance of M&A advisory firms.