Known for its unique entrepreneurial culture that values teamwork and transparency, Intrepid offers highly motivated individuals the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your career. Our culture values the development and well-being of our team-members and fosters strong camaraderie throughout the firm, resulting in some of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank and provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to entrepreneurs, family-owned companies, private equity sponsors and major corporations, through dedicated banking teams with deep industry sector experience and over three decades of experience. The firm is based in Los Angeles, with additional offices in Menlo Park, New York, Chicago, and Charlotte. Intrepid is the middle-market advisory arm of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (NYSE: MUFG), the 7th largest financial group in the world.
This is a hybrid position. The selected colleague will work at an MUFG office or client sites up to four days per week and work remotely the remaining day(s). A member of our Talent Acquisition team will provide more details.As a valued member of a collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to make meaningful contributions to client engagements and take on important leadership initiatives within the firm, resulting in a high level of job satisfaction while building a solid foundation for your investment banking career.
Analysts are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates and clients. Analysts are involved in all phases of execution including:
• Performing client specific and industry research
• Organizing, reviewing and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
• Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
• Preparing comprehensive information packages, pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
• Compiling prospective acquirer lists
• Assisting senior bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, etc.)
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• 0-3 years of sellside M&A advisory and investment banking experience
• Outstanding academic credentials from a top tier school
• Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid’s growth
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
• Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment
• Familiarity with accounting and corporate finance concepts and financial statement analysis
The typical base for this role is $90,000 depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, our Total Rewards program provides colleagues with a competitive benefits package (in accordance with the eligibility requirements and respective terms of each) that includes comprehensive health and wellness benefits, retirement plans, educational assistance and training programs, income replacement for qualified employees with disabilities, paid maternity and bonding leave, and paid vacation, sick days, and holidays. For more information on our Total Rewards package, please click the link below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.