Intrepid is seeking to hire talented professionals for its Associate level position. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities: positive “can do” attitude, commitment and history of being a team player, significant experience with sell-side mandates for middle-market companies, ability to manage multiple projects, and a high-level of professionalism.
Intrepid is a specialty investment bank that provides M&A, capital raising and strategic advisory services to middle-market companies across various industry sectors. The firm focuses on the M&A and capital raising needs of entrepreneur- and family-owned businesses, private equity sponsors and major corporations.
Your Career at Intrepid
Our entrepreneurial culture provides Associates with the opportunity to play a key role in ongoing engagements, offering them the opportunity to build a strong foundation in transaction execution skills and client relationship management. Furthermore, Associates are encouraged and expected to participate, under the supervision of senior bankers, in firm development activities, taking an active role in areas such as banker recruiting, training, and culture development.
The firm seeks to build its Associates into long-term principals at Intrepid. The firm embraces a performance culture that rewards talent, attitude and results through promotion and financial incentives. Intrepid delivers its services through several industry focused practice groups. Associates have the opportunity to work on a wide range of industries and ultimately join a dedicated industry group.
Associates are an important part of Intrepid deal teams, working closely with Managing Directors, Vice Presidents, Analysts and clients. Associates are involved in all phases of execution including:
- Organizing, reviewing and analyzing due diligence processes and materials
- Developing valuation analyses and models (projections, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.)
- Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials
- Compiling prospective acquirer lists and contacting acquirers
- Performing key steps in the sale execution process
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Assisting senior bankers in firm building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.)
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Minimum of two years of sell-side M&A advisory and investment banking experience
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top-tier school
- Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid’s growth
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast paced environment
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ and online data room platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V