Capital Markets Associate
Intrepid Investment Bankers is seeking to hire an investment banking Associate for its Capital Markets Group. This position will report directly to the Head of Capital Markets. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities: great attention to detail, positive “can do” attitude, willingness to help and be a team player, ability to manage multiple projects, and a high-level of professionalism.
About the Capital Markets Group
For more than 35 years, our principals have advised clients in capital transactions, leveraging their institutional investor relationships and expertise in managing competitive processes. Our team is committed to helping clients meet their capital needs through various structures that include equity, senior, structured and mezzanine debt.
Your Career at Intrepid
Our entrepreneurial culture provides Associates with the opportunity to play a key role in ongoing engagements, offering them the opportunity to build a strong foundation in transaction execution skills and client relationship management. Furthermore, Associates are encouraged and expected to participate, under the supervision of senior bankers, in firm development activities, taking an active role in areas such as banker recruiting, training, and culture development. The firm seeks to build its Associates into long-term principals at Intrepid.
The Capital Markets Associate is responsible for supporting the Capital Markets team in all phases of execution of private placements of debt and equity, including:
- Organizing, reviewing and analyzing due diligence processes and materials;
- Developing valuation analyses and financing models (3-statement projections, debt covenant models, LBO, DCF, public comparables, historical M&A transactions, etc.);
- Preparing comprehensive pitchbooks, information memoranda, management presentations and marketing materials;
- Compiling prospective investor lists and contacting investors, including private equity funds, family offices, commercial banks and non-bank direct lending institutions;
- Performing key steps in the private placement execution process;
- Building relationships and maintaining direct contact with current and prospective clients; and
- Assisting senior bankers in firm-building activities (training, recruiting, mentoring, etc.).
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Minimum of three years of experience in investment banking, private equity or direct lending;
- Outstanding academic credentials from a top-tier school;
- Team player willing to take an integral role in Intrepid’s growth;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Highly proficient financial analysis and modeling skills;
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as part of a small team;
- Self-starter willing to work in an entrepreneurial, demanding and fast-paced environment; and
- Proficiency with S&P Capital IQ and online data room platforms.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V