Business Development Associate
Intrepid is looking to add a highly-talented individual to our business development team to assist our senior bankers who lead various industry groups.
The individual we are seeking will be responsible for: (i) sourcing and evaluating investment banking prospects through phone, email, and in-person efforts; (ii) building and managing the investment banking prospect pipeline for select industry bankers; (iii) building and maintaining relationships with leads and prospects; and (iv) working closely with the industry lead bankers to execute various marketing initiatives, involving social media, industry trade conferences and networking events.
The qualifications of the candidate will include:
- Four year college degree
- Two year minimum work experience in business development capacity (preferably in financial services industry) with track record of interfacing with C-Suite executives
- Process oriented, disciplined, and experienced in using CRMs to report on lead development and prospecting activity
- An understanding of M&A, private equity and investment banking
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, positive communication style
- Highly proactive, results oriented, competitive, can-do attitude
- Good listener, great team player
- Ability to engage with prospects, develop relationships, and work seamlessly as a bridge for introducing senior bankers into these relationships
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Ability to work comfortably in an unstructured environment
The position will report directly to the Head of Business Development and has significant career upside potential. Compensation will consist of salary plus bonus based on performance.