The third quarter of 2017 was active for transactions across the digital media space, with more than 260 M&A transactions and 1,360 disclosed global financings. Key industry trends driving investments and acquisitions include:
- Increased activity in both early and late stage venture capital funding rounds;
- Ongoing migration of enterprise services and content to the cloud;
- Tech-enabled service providers pursuing international acquisition targets to expand market reach;
- An expanded focus on mobile marketing and marketing automation to increase advertising ROI; and
- Growth in a number of large transactions, with acquisitions over $50 million increasing by more than 10% from Q2 to Q3 and financings from $25 million to $50 million increasing by more than 20% over the same period.